Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
The collection, processing and use of personal data is dependent on the activities performed by the User.
Use of the iboxxit-Website without Registration
The aforementioned data is being processed and used by iboxxit
- to optimize the display of the iboxxit website for the User regarding his browser and terminal equipment and
- to compile, analyze and, as the case may be, distribute anonymized statistics on the number of website users, the browsers they use, their region and/or language, the referrers and the classification of the website User’s terminal equipment resulting from such information.
- The collection of data as generated by the Google cookies (including the IP address) regarding the use of the website and the processing of such data by Google may completely be prevented by downloading and installing the following link available in the browser plug-in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- In addition to section 2.1 the information provided by the User (e.g. name, address, telephone number, e-mail-address and other contact information, details of the User request and communication thereon) when contacting iboxxit will be collected, processed and saved in order to handle the User’s request.
- Requests for support will be analyzed and important or frequently asked questions will be anonymized, redacted and, without the possibility of inference to the respective User, will be reflected in the operation instructions (in particular the so- called “FAQ’s”).
- A contacting for advertising purposes will only be carried out if the User agreed on this when contacting iboxxit or at a later point of time, or if such a contacting is legally permitted.
Registration and Setup of a Customer Account
- The aforementioned data is being processed by iboxxit and is used to administer the business relationship with the Customer and – within legal regulations and as long as the Customer does not explicitly object – for own advertising purposes. The data will not be passed on to third parties without consent of the Customer. Requests for support may be linked to a so-called ticket system in order to optimize the customer service with the Customer respectively the Customer’s customer account.
Use of the iboxxit Website after Registration
- The data relating to the use of the iboxxit website, as specified in the aforementioned sections, is also being collected, processed and used after the Customer’s registration.
- As long as the Customer or Authorized User is registered on the iboxxit website, the iboxxit server automatically collects data on the use of the iboxxit website in a so-called activity-log. In relation to the Customer or Authorized User in terms of section 3.7 of the GT&C information on activity, number of logins etc. as well as statistic data (for example browser, access date and time, cookie ID and referrer, amount of data transferred and IP address) is being collected.
- The aforementioned data is merely used by iboxxit in order to provide the iboxxit-Services, to generate anonymized statistics and to monitor compliance with the Terms of Service (in particular the contractual use and the prohibition to use the iboxxit-Services via robots).
Use of Apps and Creation of Customer Content
- The iboxxit-Services serve for the visual compilation of objects (including photos, descriptions, numbers, value, respective storage locations and further data) by the Customer or Authorized User (the “Customer Content” pursuant to the Terms of Service), enable the Customer or Authorized User to access them via various terminal equipment and Apps and allow the Customer or Authorized User to share Customer Content with other Customers and Authorized Users of other Customers in a way that these Customers or Authorized Users – to the extent determined by the sharing Customer or Authorized User – may see and search objects of the Customer or Authorized User.
- The Customer himself is responsible for the collection, processing and use of Customer Content in line with applicable legal regulations and has to ensure that his Authorized Users also comply with applicable legal regulations. If and to the extent iboxxit shall administer personal data on behalf of the Customer, iboxxit will assist in the conclusion of an agreement relating to the commissioned collection, processing or use of personal data at the request of the Customer and in line with the Terms of Service.
- iboxxit will review Customer Content in a way assignable to the Customer only in case of a request of support by the Customer or Authorized User and with their given consent. Customer Content is not accessible by third parties, will not be passed on in any way and will not be published. This does not apply in case of a respective enforceable order by a court and/or public authority which iboxxit will comply with. If the Customer has activated Weekly iboxxit‐News in the App‐Settings, the Customer receives an automatically generated e‐mail with current information about the status of the mutual sharing of Customer Content with other Customers as well as changes of such shared Customer Content of other Customers. The relevant information is automatically generated by iboxxit, without iboxxit taking note of the relevant information.
Data Security, Secure Data Transfer
- The data is recorded (i) on computers located in Germany and (ii) servers of iboxxit GmbH on an Amazon-Cloud-Server (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) in the region of Frankfurt am Main in Germany, but Amazon basically does not have access thereto. The provisions of Amazon and the functioning of the Amazon-Cloud-Server and the related handling of personal data may be reviewed here: http://aws.amazon.com/serviceterms/ and https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/compliance/De_Whitepapers/AWS_EU_Data_Protection_Whitepaper_DE.pdf. Furthermore, iboxxit concluded an AWS agreement relating to the commissioned collection, processing or use of personal data with Amazon Web Services which complies with the requirements of the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries (i.e. outside of the EU and EEA) as issued by the European Commission. With this an appropriate level of data protection is also granted for such data processing.
- In addition to this, iboxxit implemented technical and organizational measures to protect the iboxxit website and the data processing system against loss, destruction, access, changing or transferring of personal data by unauthorized persons. Personal data is transferred safely by way of encryption. This applies to orders and to the Customer login, for this iboxxit uses the codification system SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
Controller for the collection, processing and use of personal data of the Users is iboxxit GmbH, Mainzer Landstraße 50, 60325 Frankfurt am Main. This excludes personal data pursuant to aforementioned section 2.5.2 for which the Customer himself is Controller.
Rights of the Data Subject: Access, Correction, Blocking, Erasure and Right of Objection
- According to the Federal Data Protection Act Users have, insofar as they qualify as data subjects within legal provisions, inter alia a free of charge information right on data saved in relation to them and, if applicable, a right of correction, blocking or erasure of data.
- Information on personal data saved by iboxxit will be provided to the User exclusively upon written request. The request may be addressed to:
iboxxit GmbH, Mainzer Landstraße 50, 60325 Frankfurt am Main
All User requests regarding correction, blocking or erasure of data also need to be sent in writing to the above mentioned address.
iboxxit GmbH, Mainzer Landstraße 50, 60325 Frankfurt am Main